RSI Divergence Scanner

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

The RSI Divergence Scanner is a trading robot that attempts to identify divergences using the Relative Strength Index (RSI), a popular indicator among traders. Its current user rating is 4.5, indicating a generally positive reception within the trading community. User comments reflect mixed experiences, with some praising its effectiveness and others expressing dissatisfaction. In this review, we will compare the RSI Divergence Scanner to the EASY Trendopedia, highlighting its strengths and weaknesses, optimal usage conditions, and more.

Comparison with EASY Robot​

When comparing the RSI Divergence Scanner to one of the bots in the EASY series, such as EASY Trendopedia, significant differences emerge. The EASY Trendopedia is designed to analyze market trends and capitalize on them, offering a robust framework for trend-following strategies.

- Profitability: EASY Trendopedia has shown consistently higher profitability over time, primarily due to its comprehensive trend analysis and flexible trading parameters.
- Reliability: The algorithms used in EASY robots have been backtested rigorously, resulting in higher reliability compared to the RSI Divergence Scanner, which may be prone to false signals during market volatility.

While the RSI Divergence Scanner can be effective in specific scenarios, the EASY series robots have a proven track record in a variety of market conditions.

Pros and Cons​

• RSI Divergence Scanner Pros:
    - Quick response time, as noted by user asahi0808.
    - Effective in identifying divergences that can lead to profitable trades, evidenced by user davevicens' experience.
  • RSI Divergence Scanner Cons:
    - Mixed user feedback, with a low rating from user Schneider Waldemar.
    - May generate false signals during sideways or volatile market conditions.
  • EASY Trendopedia Pros:
    - Higher profitability and reliability through rigorous backtesting.
    - Comprehensive trend analysis that adapts to different market conditions.
  • EASY Trendopedia Cons:
    - May require a deeper understanding of market trends for optimal utilization.
    - More complex setup compared to simpler bots.

Optimal Conditions for Usage​

The RSI Divergence Scanner performs best in trending markets where clear divergences can be established between price action and the RSI. It is particularly effective in identifying potential reversals in strong trends. However, traders should be cautious during volatile market conditions where the likelihood of false signals increases.

Source Code of RSI Divergence Scanner​

It is important to note that the original source code for the RSI Divergence Scanner sold on MQL5 is not publicly available. However, it is possible to create a similar code based on the features and functionalities described on the MQL5 website. The team at EASY Trading Team does not sell the RSI Divergence Scanner but has developed code inspired by its description for educational purposes.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download the RSI Divergence Scanner Today​

If you're interested in exploring the capabilities of the RSI Divergence Scanner, please visit this link to download it now. We encourage users to share their experiences and opinions about the robot on our forum. If you have any questions regarding code examples or wish to share insights, feel free to reach out.

In summary, while the RSI Divergence Scanner has its merits, especially in identifying divergences, the EASY series robots, such as EASY Trendopedia, provide a more comprehensive and reliable trading experience.

Attachments

• RSI Divergence Scanner.mq5
    5.6 KB · Views: 0
Just installed the latest version! It's impressive how they keep enhancing the tool. The new features in Version 1.5, like the 'Market Watch or Currency Pairs' button, are game-changers for efficient scanning. And let’s not overlook the Stop Loss/Entry Point/Take Profit Levels added in Version 1.4 – it's a solid upgrade for making informed trading decisions. Can't wait to see how these improvements impact my trading strategies!

I've been trying to wrap my head around the difference between 'All market watch' and 'Scan all chart'. It seems like my alerts aren't functioning when I select 'Just currency pairs'. The 'Scan all chart' function takes almost a minute to sweep through the entire market, which feels a bit excessive for my strategy. I'd prefer a focused approach on around 28 pairs but find myself scanning everything. Can someone clarify how to optimize these settings for my needs?

I was wondering, do I need to set up the indicator on every single chart I am using, or is it sufficient to have it installed on just one chart with the 'scan all' feature activated? Cheers!