Risk Manager for MT4

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

How to Effectively Use the Risk Manager for MT4 Trading Robot: A Professional Guide​

Looking for a smart way to monitor and manage your risk levels in Forex trading? The Risk Manager for MT4 could be an effective choice. Before we proceed, I'll remind you that our team, EASY Trading Team, isn't the seller of this robot, but based on its description from MQL5, we've developed a trading robot code.

Installing and Configuring the Risk Manager for MT4​

Before anything else, the Risk Manager for MT4 needs to be installed. As a rule of thumb, always make sure your VPS connection is stable enough to support the system’s operations. If you encounter any issues, you're to find their resolution yourself, I’m afraid.

Once installed, configuring the robot to suit your trading style is crucial. The key is to understand which parameter does what. For instance, there is a parameter responsible for controlling daily, weekly, and monthly loss limits. Tweak these settings based on your risk appetite and the amount of capital you are willing to risk.

Experience with the Risk Manager for MT4​

I’ve heard quite the mixed reviews about Risk Manager for MT4. Some traders praise it as the ultimate solution to their risk management troubles, while others, well, they clearly have a lot of time on their hands to write what resembles a novel, detailing every minute of their tormented experience.

Regardless, reports suggest that the robot performs reasonably well. However, don't forget to continuously monitor its performance. Make sure the robot isn't opening trades when the risk limit has been breached. If it happens, make sure you have enough reserves to weather the storm.

Tips to Improve the Efficiency of Risk Manager for MT4​

Here are a few tips you might find handy:

1. Use it on a remote server for better performance.
2. Be consistent in setting the risk boundaries. The robot follows the parameters you set, so adjust them wisely.
3. Keep an eye on the software and regularly check for updates to fix any systemic issues.

And remember, use this tool as a part of your risk management strategy, not as the only instrument in your trading toolbox.

Risk Manager for MT4's Source Code​

I'm sure you are aware that the actual source code of the original robot sold on MQL5 remains unknown. However, an alternative code can be prepared based on the description provided on MQL5. If you have any questions or issues with the code, please feel free to raise a toast - I mean, question - on easytradingforum.com.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Downloading the Risk Manager for MT4​

Remember, dear traders, we are not the sellers of the Risk Manager for MT4 robot. If you wish to download the Risk Manager for MT4, you can find it on MQL5. And our version of the trading robot, well, you could try it out for a change. Who knows? It could even bring a smirk to your face.

Disclaimer: This article is intended for informational purposes only. Trading involves a high degree of risk, and the EASY Trading Team does not take any responsibility for any trading losses you might incur as a result of using this code.

Attachments

• Risk Manager for MT4.mq5
    2.7 KB · Views: 0
Experiencing constant closures of positions at maximum equity loss is a frustrating experience. What proactive steps can be taken to adjust this situation and prevent such occurrences?

Currently testing a setup where I aim to close trades once a total loss of 10 percent is reached. I've set the max daily loss to 10, but it doesn't seem to trigger the closure as expected. What steps can I take to ensure that all open positions are closed upon hitting this loss threshold?

I’ve been struggling to set a password for my VPS server. Every time I access it from the navigator, I notice that I can simply start or stop the server. It makes the whole idea of password protection feel pointless, especially when handing off access details as mentioned in your video. Just having a manager isn’t sufficient, as I've discovered.