Range Breakout EA

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

So, you've stumbled upon the Range Breakout EA. It's marketed as a REAL day trading strategy that avoids the pitfalls of martingale and grid trading. With a user rating of 4.55 and some glowing reviews, you'd think it's the holy grail of trading. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. We'll dive into how to set it up, share some real-world experiences, and offer tips to squeeze the most out of this EA.

Installation and Setup​

Installing the Range Breakout EA is straightforward, but setting it up for maximum efficiency requires a bit more finesse. Here's a step-by-step guide:

• Download the EA from this link.
  • Open your MetaTrader 5 platform.
  • Navigate to the Navigator panel and find Expert Advisors.
  • Drag and drop the Range Breakout EA onto your desired chart.
  • In the settings, input the following parameters:
    • Lot Size: 0.02 (or adjust based on your risk tolerance)
    • Range Start Time: 09:00
    • Range End Time: 10:30
    • Trade Start Time: 10:30
    • Trade End Time: 20:55
    • Close Time: 21:55
    • Take Profit Multiplier: 1.5
    • Stop Loss Multiplier: 1.0
    • EMA Period: 50
    • Trailing Stop Distance: 20 points
  • Click OK to apply the settings.

Experience Using the EA​

Let's cut to the chase. The Range Breakout EA has its moments of brilliance, but it's not without its quirks. User reviews like Great EA!!!!!!!!!!!! and absolut Topp Deluxe might make you think it's foolproof. However, another user pointed out the addition of proper risk management as a recent improvement, which raises questions about its earlier versions.

In my experience, the EA performs well during high volatility periods but can struggle when the market is flat. The EMA filter helps, but it's not a magic wand. You still need to monitor the trades and make adjustments as needed.

Tips for Improvement​

Even the best forex trading strategy can benefit from a few tweaks. Here are some tips to enhance the performance of the Range Breakout EA:

• Regularly Update Settings: Market conditions change, and so should your EA settings. Regularly backtest and optimize the parameters.
  • Use a VPS: To ensure your EA runs 24/7 without interruptions, consider using a Virtual Private Server (VPS).
  • Diversify Currency Pairs: While the default settings are for USDJPY and EURUSD, don't hesitate to test other pairs.
  • Monitor News Events: High-impact news can wreak havoc on your trades. Keep an eye on the economic calendar.

Source Code of Range Breakout EA​

We don't have access to the original source code of the Range Breakout EA sold on MQL5. However, based on its description, we have created a sample code. This code is not for sale but serves as an educational example for those interested in understanding how such an EA might be constructed. If you have any questions about the code, feel free to ask.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Range Breakout EA

If you're intrigued and want to give the Range Breakout EA a spin, you can download it from our website. Remember, this is a sample code created by the EASY Trading Team based on the description of the EA sold on MQL5. We do not sell the Range Breakout EA; we only provide this code for educational purposes. Happy trading!

Attachments

• Range Breakout EA.mq5
    5.7 KB · Views: 2
Day one testing with EURUSD and GBPUSD reveals my settings are far from perfect. If I can crack this, I’ll share the set files. USDJPY has been a nightmare, almost wiped out my balance. Constantly adjusting settings. Standard setups for USDJPY seem off-track. Anyone else think scripters might overlook broker influences? I'm using Robomarkets; anyone on IC Markets having better luck? Cheers.