Order Blocks Finder

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

In the world of Forex trading, automated solutions have gained immense popularity. One notable tool is the Order Blocks Finder trading robot. While some users sing its praises, others aren't as fortunate, facing technical difficulties or lack of functionality. Here, we will dissect the fundamentals of the Order Blocks Finder, from installation to tips for enhanced performance—because who doesn’t love a little trial and error?

Installation and Setup​

To utilize the Order Blocks Finder effectively, you must first install it on your MetaTrader platform. Follow these steps:

1. Download the Order Blocks Finder from the official MQL5 website.
2. Open your MetaTrader terminal and navigate to the File menu, then select Open Data Folder.
3. Go to the MQL5 folder, then the Experts subfolder, and paste the downloaded robot file there.
4. Restart MetaTrader to allow the platform to recognize the new robot.
5. Drag and drop the Order Blocks Finder onto your desired chart. Make sure to configure its settings according to your trading style.

Make sure to double-check the comments section for any issues users are facing, such as problems with text visibility or color changes—because what's the point of having a tool if it doesn’t work as advertised?

Experience with the Robot​

My experience with the Order Blocks Finder has been a mixed bag. On one hand, it claims to identify crucial order blocks that can aid in trading decisions. On the other hand, the feedback from users ranges from glowing recommendations to glaring complaints—some even questioning its reliability due to performance drops.

Take CarlJimson00, for instance. While he appreciates the analysis it provides, he faces coding issues with alerts that drive anyone insane with continuous notifications. You might want to tread cautiously when relying solely on this robot for your trading strategy.

Tips for Improvement​

To maximize the effectiveness of the Order Blocks Finder, consider the following:

• 1. Test in a Demo Environment: Before diving into live trading, experiment with the robot in a demo account to gauge its performance without financial risk.
    2. Regularly Update Settings: Adjust settings based on market conditions, as static configurations may lead to subpar results.
    3. Monitor Alerts: Keep an eye on alert functionalities, as some users have reported issues that can clutter your trading experience.
    4. Combine with Manual Analysis: Don’t solely depend on automated trading; combine it with your analysis for better outcomes.

Failure to heed these suggestions may result in being part of that 2-star rating brigade.

Order Blocks Finder Source Code​

It’s crucial to note that we don’t have access to the original source code of the Order Blocks Finder available on MQL5. However, we can create a code snippet based on the descriptions provided on the MQL5 site. The team at EASY Trading Team has no vested interest in selling this robot. We merely develop code inspired by its description for educational purposes. Feel free to reach out with any questions regarding the coding aspect—such inquiries are welcome.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Order Blocks Finder Efficiently​

If you're still interested in getting your hands on the Order Blocks Finder, visit this page. Just keep in mind the mixed reviews before you commit your finances—you might just find yourself surprised or, in some cases, not in a good way.

Attachments

• Order Blocks Finder.mq5
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
The enhancements in version 2.8 are remarkable, and I'm grateful! For the upcoming 2.9, it would be fantastic to see push alerts triggered by OB touches. Additionally, a feature for 'nested' OBs would be great – aligning H1 and H4 (or other timeframes) to indicate a nested OB. Imagine only receiving alerts when such nested OBs are activated! Just throwing these ideas out there...

Recently got the order block indicator, and I've noticed it only displays a limited number of the most recent OBs. What's the trick to analyze the entire chart? I’m keen to identify all unmitigated OBs, especially the earlier 1-minute supply zones that seem to be missing. Also, I saw your screenshots showing multiple timeframe OBs. How can I enable that feature? Appreciate your help!