Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

In the world of trading robots, the Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA has made quite an impression—or rather, a lack thereof. With a user rating of 1 and stark reviews like that of Semiu Kilaso, it does raise the question: Is this robot a gold mine or just another shiny piece of junk? Let’s dissect this alleged trading system and see what pearls of wisdom we can glean from it.

Description of Functions​

The Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA claims to utilize a mixture of breakout and trend-following strategies. This suggests that it attempts to capitalize on price movements following significant breakouts. Although it might sound impressive, the actual functionality is clouded by user complaints regarding limited parameters and optimization difficulties, which leads us to wonder if users are merely playing with a toy instead of a serious trading tool.

Results Analysis​

The results over the past year for this robot, as expected, are less than stellar. Even if one dares to glance at the statistical data available on the website Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA Statistics, they might find a mixed bag of results that don't inspire confidence. We can hypothesize that if the robot was capable of providing consistent profits, there wouldn’t be such overwhelming negative feedback.

Pros and Cons​

Pros:
  • The concept of using breakout and trend-following seems sound on paper.
  • It might have a charming interface—if looks are your primary concern.

Cons:
  • Rating of 1 suggests widespread dissatisfaction.
  • Limited settings that hinder effective optimization.
  • Users report that it doesn’t work long-term.
  • Reviewers describe it as a total waste of money.

Source Code of Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA​

While the original source code of the Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA remains undisclosed, we can create a code based on the features described on the MQL5 website. However, it’s key to note that the EASY Trading Team does not sell this robot; rather, we have generated a code inspired by its description for interested users.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA​

So, while you ponder over whether to download the Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA or toss it into the virtual trash bin, feel free to engage in discussions on forums. Share your experiences, results, and perhaps even vent your frustrations. If you have questions regarding the code or need assistance, don’t hesitate to ask. Remember, this code is merely a reflection of what we think the robot could be, based on its MQL5 description, and not a direct copy of the original, which remains a mystery.

Attachments

• Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA.mq5
    5.4 KB · Views: 0
I've recently been experimenting with the Breakout and Trend Following Trading System EA, and I must say, it's quite impressive! Over the past day, I noticed some intriguing price movements; the equity surged to a high of $80 in unrealized gains but unfortunately dropped to a loss of $55 by morning. I realize that my account setup isn't fully optimized yet, as I haven't implemented any tracking tools, so this is merely an observation. Adding a Trailing Stop Loss feature could really enhance the effectiveness of this EA, don’t you think? Looking forward to sharing further insights as I continue testing. Cheers!