SuperTrend Scanner

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

SuperTrend Scanner is a powerful tool designed to help traders identify trends across multiple currency pairs and time frames. Despite a mix of user reviews, where some users have had issues and others found it indispensable, the robot offers significant potential for enhancing trading strategies. With a rating of 4.43, it’s worth exploring its installation, configuration, and optimization to maximize its benefits.

Installation and Setup​

To get started with SuperTrend Scanner, follow these steps:

• Download the SuperTrend Scanner: Visit (SuperTrend Scanner) to download the software.
  • Install the Scanner: Open MetaTrader 5, go to 'File' → 'Open Data Folder', then navigate to 'MQL5' → 'Experts' and place the downloaded SuperTrend Scanner file in this directory. Restart MetaTrader 5.
  • Activate the Scanner: Locate SuperTrend Scanner in the 'Navigator' panel under 'Expert Advisors'. Drag it onto your selected chart.
  • Configure Settings: Adjust the parameters to match your trading style. Key settings include:
    - Time Frames: Choose which time frames to scan for trends.
    - Pairs: Select the currency pairs to monitor.
    - Alert Options: Set up notifications via email or mobile to stay updated on trend changes.

Experience with SuperTrend Scanner​

Using SuperTrend Scanner can be a mixed bag; user reviews confirm that. For instance, bgosper1 reported issues with NZD pairs not being scanned, while rock65 praised its efficacy across all time frames. My experience aligns more with caution—this tool can be beneficial, but it’s not without its quirks. For example, ensuring all pairs are scanned correctly requires double-checking settings and sometimes restarting the application.

Tips for Improving Performance​

SuperTrend Scanner can be a powerful ally if optimized correctly. Here are some tips:

• Regular Updates: Always ensure you are using the latest version of the software.
  • Pair Selection: Focus on the most liquid and volatile pairs for better signal reliability.
  • Complementary Tools: Use other indicators, such as divergence scanners, to confirm signals.
  • Backtesting: Run historical data backtests to verify the scanner’s effectiveness on your chosen pairs and settings.
  • Alert Management: Fine-tune alert settings to avoid information overload—only get notified for significant changes.

Source Code of SuperTrend Scanner​

The original source code for SuperTrend Scanner isn't publicly available as it is a commercial product sold on MQL5. However, based on the descriptions provided, we at EASY Trading Team have developed a similar algorithm. Should you encounter any issues or have questions about our implementation, feel free to ask.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download the SuperTrend Scanner and Enhance Your Trading​

For those interested in integrating SuperTrend Scanner into their trading toolkit, you can download it from here. Remember, our version is based on the publicly available description and is not the original sold on MQL5. We don't sell the SuperTrend Scanner but offer our rendition based on the detailed information provided. If you have any queries about our code or need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

As a passionate trader committed to achieving the pinnacle of trading excellence, I always make sure to hit the right buttons for precise alerts. For instance, if I want to be notified when the EURGBP shifts from a bearish to a bullish stance, I simply select the corresponding button in the EURGBP row and H1 column, just like shown in the illustration provided. Once the color change to bullish occurs and the alert is triggered, that button deactivates, ensuring I'm not bombarded with repeated notifications. Onward to better trading outcomes!