Promex MT5

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

Trading robots have gained massive popularity in recent years, promising to streamline and enhance trading operations. One such robot, Promex MT5, has caught the attention of traders with its promising performance statistics. However, as with any trading tool, a healthy dose of skepticism is warranted. Let's delve into how to install, configure, and utilize Promex MT5 to its full potential while keeping an eye on its performance capabilities.

Installation and Setup​

To begin with the installation and setup of Promex MT5, follow these straightforward steps:

• Download the EA: First, download Promex MT5 from the official website or MQL5 marketplace.
  • Open MetaTrader 5: Launch your MetaTrader 5 platform.
  • Move the EA File: Place the downloaded Expert Advisor file in the 'Experts' folder. You can find this folder in the MetaTrader 5 directory.
  • Refresh the Navigator Window: In MetaTrader 5, go to the Navigator window and right-click on 'Expert Advisors'. Choose 'Refresh'.
  • Attach to a Chart: Drag Promex MT5 onto the chart of your desired trading pair.
  • Configure Settings: Adjust the settings according to your risk appetite and trading strategy. Pay special attention to parameters like lot size, stop loss, and take profit levels.
  • Enable Auto-Trading: Ensure that Auto-Trading is enabled on your platform.

Once these steps are followed, Promex MT5 should be up and running, ready to execute trades on your behalf.

User Experience​

So, how does Promex MT5 perform in real-world scenarios? According to user reviews, the performance appears quite promising. A user named Saypion mentioned 33 gains and only 3 stops over two weeks. Another user, June Nguyen, also highlighted its potential. However, I take all reviews with a grain of salt. Statistics can often be manipulated or oversimplified, giving a skewed view of actual performance.

From my own experience and skepticism, I can say the following:
  • The robot seems to handle standard market conditions well.
  • It has a robust support mechanism, which is always a plus.
  • Limited data is available on long-term performance, so proceed with caution.

Tips for Improvement​

Optimizing any trading robot involves continuous tweaking and monitoring. Here are some tips to maximize the efficacy of Promex MT5:

• Regular Updates: Keep an eye out for software updates from the creator. Updates often tackle bugs and improve performance.
  • Backtest Thoroughly: Utilize historical data to backtest the robot and ensure it aligns with your trading strategy.
  • Diversify Risks: Don't put all your eggs in one basket. Use the EA on multiple currency pairs and set conservative risk parameters.
  • Monitor Performance: Regularly check how the robot is performing. Market conditions change, and what works today might not work tomorrow.

Original Code of Promex MT5​

We don't have access to the authentic source code of Promex MT5 sold on MQL5. However, we can develop a similar trading robot based on the descriptions available. This reconstructed EA won't be an exact replica but can offer functionalities akin to Promex MT5. If you have any coding queries, feel free to reach out.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Promex MT5 Trading Robot​

Ready to try Promex MT5? Head over to this link for detailed statistics and the download option. Remember, the EASY Trading Team does not sell Promex MT5 but has created a trading EA based on its described attributes. Feel free to visit easytradingforum.com for more insights.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Trading is a constant learning process, and a robust exchange of knowledge can benefit everyone involved.

Attachments

• Promex MT5.mq5
    3.9 KB · Views: 0
Good day! I've just acquired this bot and I'm eager to get started. Could you please provide the settings files and, if available, grant access to any private groups? I've also sent a PM for further details. Thank you.

The backtest outcomes are quite disappointing for all symbols using the 'Every Tick based on real ticks' approach in MT5. It's wise for prospective buyers to conduct their own backtests with this model prior to finalizing a purchase. I’m still waiting on the tick data backtest results from the developer.