Fundamental Trader

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

In the world of trading, the Fundamental Trader robot stands as a questionable companion. With a rating of 4.8 based on user reviews, it's lauded by some and criticized by others. The mixed feedback certainly makes one pause for thought. In this guide, we will delve into installation and setup, share experiences, and offer tips for maximizing its effectiveness. Remember, skepticism is healthy in trading, and this robot is no exception.

Installation and Setup​

To use the Fundamental Trader robot effectively, follow these steps for installation and setup:

1. **Download the EA**: Purchase and download the robot from the MQL5 marketplace.
2. **Install MetaTrader 5**: If you haven't already, download and install MetaTrader 5.
3. **Copy the EA**: Place the downloaded EA file into the Experts folder of your MetaTrader 5 installation. You can find this folder in your MetaTrader directory.
4. **Restart MetaTrader**: After copying the EA, restart MetaTrader to ensure it recognizes the new robot.
5. **Attach the EA to a Chart**: Select a currency pair and timeframe, then drag the robot from the Navigator window onto your chosen chart.
6. **Configure Settings**: Open the EA properties and configure the settings according to your trading preferences. Make sure to set risk levels and trading parameters that align with your strategy—if you have one.

By following these steps, you should have the Fundamental Trader ready for action. Just don’t expect it to work wonders without proper configuration.

Experience Using the Robot​

User experiences vary significantly with Fundamental Trader, as highlighted by the reviews. While some users, like outhay, reported a 7% return after three weeks, others express skepticism about the underlying strategy. The martingale approach, as pointed out by Kenleyl, might lead to short-lived gains followed by catastrophic losses. So, while it may serve as a helpful tool for some, it could also lead to a rude awakening.

In my experience, the robot has performed decently during specific market conditions but may not be reliable in volatile situations.

Keep your expectations realistic; this isn't a magic bullet for trading success. Monitoring the robot’s performance over time is crucial.

Tips for Improvement​

To extract the most from the Fundamental Trader robot, consider these tips:

• 1. Regular Monitoring: Keep an eye on trades executed by the EA. Intervening when necessary can prevent excessive losses.
    2. Optimize Settings: Regularly tweak your EA settings based on market conditions. What works today may not work tomorrow.
    3. Use Alongside Manual Trading: Don’t rely solely on the EA. Use it in conjunction with your trading knowledge and strategies.
    4. Start with a Demo Account: Before risking real money, test the EA on a demo account. Familiarize yourself with its behavior without stress.
    5. Stay Informed About Market Conditions: Awareness of economic news and market events can help you anticipate the performance of the EA.

By following these tips, you may enhance the robot’s performance—or at least keep it from blowing your account.

Source Code of Fundamental Trader​

It's crucial to mention that the real source code of the Fundamental Trader robot is not accessible. However, based on the description on the MQL5 site, we can create code that mimics the functionality of the original. The team at EASY Trading Team does not sell the Fundamental Trader robot; instead, we have developed our own code inspired by its description. So, if you're expecting a copy of the original, you're out of luck. If you have questions regarding coding or the robot's behavior, feel free to ask.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download the Fundamental Trader Robot Now​

To start your journey with the Fundamental Trader, consider downloading it from the MQL5 marketplace here. Remember, approach with caution and keep your trading strategy in mind.

In conclusion, while the Fundamental Trader might be an intriguing tool for some, always remain skeptical and cautious. The market is full of surprises, and it’s your responsibility to navigate it wisely.

Attachments

• Fundamental Trader.mq5
    5.9 KB · Views: 0
I appreciate the efforts put into this EA, but let's not kid ourselves; it's far from perfect. It's been more of a hassle than a help, and I wonder how many others are simply too naive to see that. It doesn't seem to adapt well when switched between PCs, and I'd love to know if anyone else is experiencing this or if it's just my bad luck. As for updates, why not make it clear where we can find them instead of leaving us guessing? If I need to pay extra for multiple installations, so be it, but I'd like to know upfront. At this point, I'm just looking for some straightforward answers.