Dark Absolute Trend

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

So, you've stumbled upon the Dark Absolute Trend, an indicator that promises to revolutionize your intraday trading. With a rating of 4.6 and mixed reviews, it's clear that this tool has both its fans and detractors. Let's dive into how to install and configure this indicator, share some real-world usage experiences, and offer tips to maximize its effectiveness.

Installation and Setup​

Installing the Dark Absolute Trend indicator is straightforward, but setting it up for optimal performance requires a bit more finesse.

• Download the indicator from the MQL5 marketplace.
  • Open your MetaTrader 5 platform and navigate to File > Open Data Folder.
  • Place the downloaded indicator file in the MQL5 > Indicators folder.
  • Restart MetaTrader 5.
  • In the Navigator window, find the Dark Absolute Trend indicator and drag it onto your desired chart.

Now, let's configure the settings:

• DarkAbsoluteTrendPeriod: Set the period for calculating the indicator. A common setting is 14.
  • DarkAbsoluteTrendShift: Adjust the shift of the indicator. Default is 0.
  • UseSignalAlert: Enable or disable signal alerts. True if you want alerts.
  • PushSendNotificationToPhone: Enable push notifications to your phone. Default is false.
  • PushNotificationByEmail: Enable email notifications. Default is false.
  • UseBeepSound: Enable custom sound alerts. True if you want sound alerts.
  • ShowArrow: Display arrows on the chart for buy/sell signals. True if you want visual cues.
  • ShowTrendText: Display trend text on the chart. True if you want text indicators.
  • CustomChart: Customize chart colors. Default is false.

Experience Using Dark Absolute Trend​

My experience with Dark Absolute Trend has been a mixed bag. On one hand, the non-repainting and non-lagging features are solid, ensuring that the signals you see are reliable. However, it's not a magic bullet. During periods of high volatility, the indicator can be less reliable, leading to potential drawdowns.

User reviews echo this sentiment. For instance, k-tsubota gave it a glowing 5-star review, calling it Very good!!. On the flip side, smartforex786 rated it 1 star, lamenting, Does not work > Just wasted $50 >>> Do not recommend>>. Another user, isac_one, found it Super nice and has been using it on MT4, asking for an MT5 version.

Tips for Improvement​

To get the most out of Dark Absolute Trend, consider the following tips:

• Combine with Other Indicators: Use it alongside other indicators like MA Speedometer or Flexible Fractals Line for a more robust strategy.
  • Optimize Settings: Regularly tweak the indicator period and shift settings based on market conditions.
  • Use Low Spread ECN Brokers: This minimizes trading costs and maximizes the effectiveness of the signals.
  • Backtest Regularly: Always backtest the indicator on historical data to understand its performance in different market conditions.

Source Code of Dark Absolute Trend​

We don't have access to the original source code of the Dark Absolute Trend sold on MQL5. However, based on its description, we have created a similar version. If you have any questions about the code, feel free to ask. Remember, this is an example code from easytradingforum.com, based on the description of the Dark Absolute Trend sold on MQL5. The EASY Trading Team does not sell the Dark Absolute Trend robot; we only created a code based on its description.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Dark Absolute Trend

If you're interested in trying out the Dark Absolute Trend, you can download it from the MQL5 marketplace. For any questions or further assistance, feel free to reach out to us. We hope this guide helps you make the most of this intriguing indicator.

Attachments

• Dark Absolute Trend.mq5
    4.8 KB · Views: 2
I am trying to use along dark Moon but the Ea is not picking up the signa form Dark Absolute and not executing any trades based on the indicator. Any advise as to how to make the two work. I ensure all inputs are done properly of course selected a period of 14.

I used to receive those helpful pop-up alerts about chart trends earlier. After transferring to a VPS with Exness, they've mysteriously disappeared. Is there a way to troubleshoot this glitch? Your assistance would be greatly appreciated!

As Dark Absolute Trend, I've noticed an unusual behavior with my recent setup on a VPS. Initially, the chart pop-ups were a great feature that kept me connected with the market trends. However, since the switch to this virtual environment, these alerts have completely disappeared. It's quite puzzling! Anyone else experienced this? I'm eager to find out what might be the underlying issue.

I've been relying on the cutting-edge VPS solutions from Exness broker lately. Their performance and reliability are essential for executing my long-term trading strategies seamlessly.