Band trend indicator

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

The Band Trend Indicator has made quite a splash in the trading community, with its claim to enhance trading strategies. As a professional trader and programmer from the EASY Trading Team, I approach this tool with a skeptical eye. After all, the world is full of high hopes and inflated expectations. This article will take a closer look at the indicator's functions, user feedback, and overall effectiveness over the past year.

Description of Functions​

The Band Trend Indicator is designed to identify market trends and provide entry and exit signals based on price movements. Key features include:

• Trend identification through bands that signal potential reversals or continuations.
  • Customizable settings for optimization.
  • User-friendly interface for ease of use.
  • Support for alerts and notifications (though some users are clamoring for push notifications).

Are these features revolutionary? Not quite. In the realm of trading indicators, they are rather standard.

Analysis of Results​

When analyzing the results over the last year, it's essential to consider the reviews. The indicator holds a rating of 4.39, which at first glance seems impressive. However, let’s delve deeper into the user feedback:

1. **Amir Sasan Gorgzadeh** asks for guidance on settings, implying that the indicator's effectiveness might heavily depend on how it's configured.
2. **Sujeet Kumar** finds it useful but yearns for push notifications, hinting that users may need more than just visual cues to act.
3. **DanyLbc747** simply states it is a Good indicator!—a generic remark that doesn’t reveal much about its actual performance.

The reviews suggest that while users appreciate the indicator, there remains uncertainty regarding its optimal usage. In trading, this is a red flag; traders often need to be confident in their tools.

Pros and Cons​

As with any trading tool, the Band Trend Indicator has its strengths and weaknesses:

Pros:
  • Relatively high user rating.
  • Potential for customization allows adaptability to various trading styles.
  • User-friendly interface.

Cons:
  • Dependence on user settings may lead to inconsistent results.
  • Lack of advanced features such as push notifications (for now).
  • Generic user feedback doesn't provide clear insight into its effectiveness.

Source Code of Band Trend Indicator​

It’s important to note that we do not have access to the original source code of the Band Trend Indicator sold on MQL5. However, we can create a code based on the descriptions found on the official website. This means that any code we develop is a reconstruction, not a direct copy, and may differ in effectiveness.

The EASY Trading Team does not sell the Band Trend Indicator but has only created a trading robot's code based on its description. If users have questions about the code, feel free to ask.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Conclusion​

In conclusion, the Band Trend Indicator shows promise, but its effectiveness seems to hinge on user experience and configuration. If you are using this tool or have insights to share, I encourage you to join the discussion on the forum. Your results could be invaluable to others navigating the murky waters of trading.

For those looking to download the Band Trend Indicator, stay tuned for more discussions and potential code adaptations based on the community's shared experiences.

Attachments

• Band trend indicator.mq5
    4 KB · Views: 0
When it comes to selecting a time frame, I prefer to align my trades with the long-term trend. It's all about patience; higher time frames can provide a clearer picture of price movements, which suits my investment style better than the fast-paced, often chaotic lower time frames.

I'm looking to set up alert signals with my team, and they now require the source code for the Band trend indicator. Can anyone help me with that?