AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5

TopicStarter

Apr 15, 2024

Introduction​

As a professional trader and MQL5 programmer from the EASY Trading Team, it's my job to evaluate trading robots with a critical eye. Today, we're diving into the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5. With a user rating of 5 and glowing reviews like Sven Engelmann's, who claims it's very profitable, this robot seems promising. But let's not get carried away. We'll dissect its features, analyze its performance over the past year, and see if it truly lives up to the hype.

Feature Description​

The AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5 is designed to capitalize on breakout strategies using dynamic support and resistance levels. Here are its main features:
  • Fixed StopLoss and TakeProfit for each order.
  • Option to use averaging for managing trades.
  • Success Rate setting for opening orders.
  • Automatic lot calculation based on deposit.
  • Multiple TakeProfit and StopLoss strategies.
  • Time management for trading during specific hours.
  • Slippage and spread limitations.
  • Intuitive panel interface with various notifications.
It's versatile, working on all trading instruments and timeframes, and can even track manually opened positions.

Performance Analysis​

Over the past year, the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5 has shown mixed results. While some users, like Sven, report good profits with conservative lot sizes, others have faced challenges due to market volatility. The robot's ability to adapt to different market conditions is commendable, but it's not foolproof. The success rate and autolot features are useful, but they require careful tuning. In volatile markets, the robot's performance can be unpredictable, leading to occasional losses.

Pros and Cons​

Pros:
  • Highly customizable with multiple strategies for StopLoss and TakeProfit.
  • Automatic lot calculation helps manage risk.
  • User-friendly interface with comprehensive notifications.
  • Versatile, works on all instruments and timeframes.

Cons:
  • Requires careful tuning and ongoing monitoring.
  • Performance can be inconsistent in volatile markets.
  • High sensitivity to market conditions.

Conclusion​

The AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5 is a robust trading robot with a range of features designed to help traders capitalize on breakout strategies. However, it's not a set-it-and-forget-it solution. It demands a knowledgeable user who can fine-tune its settings and monitor its performance. While it has the potential for profitability, it also carries risks, especially in volatile markets. We encourage users to discuss their experiences and share results on our forum.

Source Code of AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5​

We don't have access to the original source code of the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5 sold on MQL5. However, based on its description, we've created a sample code that mimics its functionalities. If you have any questions about the code, feel free to ask. Note that this is an example code from easytradingforum.com, and our team does not sell the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5

If you're interested in trying out the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5, you can download it from the official website. Remember, while it offers many features, it's essential to use it wisely and stay informed about its performance. Happy trading!

Attachments

• AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5.mq5
    4.7 KB · Views: 1
I've been experimenting with different setups and I'm curious about the optimal configuration for this EA. Also, could anyone clarify the distinction between TP1 and TP2 in the trading strategy?

Could you kindly provide the setup file for XAUUSD from the AW Breakout Catcher EA MT5? Also, any insights regarding XAGUSD would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I've been exploring the settings for the AW Breakout Catcher EA on MT5, and I'm eager to optimize my setup. With a fund of $500, I'm curious about any adjustments that need to be made to maximize effectiveness. Also, which timeframe do you recommend for the best results?