Average positions

EasyCoder

May 28, 2024

Introduction​

As an experienced trader and a programmer from the EASY Trading Team, I have worked extensively with various trading robots, including the popular Average Positions robot. This robot, designed for strategic trading, leverages the average positions of currency pairs to make informed trading decisions. In this article, I aim to provide real-life case studies of both successful and unsuccessful trades executed with the help of this robot. Additionally, I will analyze the reasons behind these outcomes and offer insights into the robot's performance.

Examples of Successful Trades​

One of the most notable successes with the Average Positions robot occurred during a period of high volatility in the EUR/USD market. The robot effectively capitalized on small price movements by averaging positions and incrementally increasing its stake as the market moved in the predicted direction. In this case, the robot managed to close multiple profitable trades in quick succession, resulting in a net gain of 15% over a short period.

User Comment: 'I've been using the Average Positions robot for a few months now, and I must say, its performance during volatile market conditions is impressive. The incremental position averaging really helps in capturing profits from market swings.' - Mark S.

Another successful trade involved the USD/JPY pair, where the robot utilized its strategic averaging approach during a period of steady upward trend. By continually averaging positions and riding the trend, the robot secured a significant profit margin with minimal risk. This trade exemplified the robot's ability to perform well in trending markets.

User Comment: 'The Average Positions robot has been a game-changer for me. It helped me achieve consistent gains during trending markets, especially with the USD/JPY pair. Its ability to manage risk is commendable.' - Emily R.

Examples of Unsuccessful Trades​

Despite its many successes, the Average Positions robot has also encountered some failures. One notable example occurred during a sudden market reversal in the GBP/USD pair. The robot, having averaged down its positions aggressively, was caught off-guard by the abrupt change in market direction. This resulted in a significant drawdown and eventual loss.

User Comment: 'I experienced a major setback with the Average Positions robot when the GBP/USD market reversed unexpectedly. The robot's aggressive averaging strategy didn't handle the reversal well, leading to a substantial loss.' - Alex T.

Another instance of an unsuccessful trade involved the AUD/CAD pair. In this case, the robot was unable to adjust its positions quickly enough in response to an unexpected economic announcement that drastically affected the market. Consequently, the positions averaged by the robot led to a net loss, highlighting a potential vulnerability in rapidly changing market conditions.

User Comment: 'The robot struggled during an economic announcement affecting the AUD/CAD pair. Its inability to react swiftly resulted in a loss. This highlighted a weakness in its strategy.' - Linda M.

Analysis of Reasons​

The varying outcomes of trades executed by the Average Positions robot can be attributed to several factors:

1. Market Volatility: The robot generally performs well in volatile conditions where price movements are frequent, allowing it to capitalize on small fluctuations.
2. Trending Markets: Success is often achieved in trending markets where the robot can continuously average positions in the direction of the trend.
3. Sudden Market Reversals: One of the robot's main weaknesses is its vulnerability to sudden market reversals. The strategy of averaging down positions can lead to significant losses if the market changes direction unexpectedly.
4. Economic Announcements: Major economic events can disrupt the robot's strategy, as it may not be able to adjust its positions in time to avoid losses.

Origin of Average Positions - Source Code Analysis​

While we don't have access to the original source code of the Average Positions robot sold on MQL5, we can create a similar code based on its description provided on the MQL5 website. This reverse-engineered version would replicate the primary functions and strategies of the original robot.

If you have questions about the code or need further assistance, please feel free to reach out on our forum at easytradingforum.com. Remember, the EASY Trading Team does not sell the Average Positions robot; we only provide an example code based on public descriptions and specifications.

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

Download Average Positions Trading Robot - Free Code Example by EASY Trading Team

For those interested in exploring the functionality and strategies of the Average Positions trading robot, we encourage you to download our free code example from easytradingforum.com. This code is based on the description available on MQL5 and aims to give you a similar trading experience. Share your experiences and case studies on our forum to foster a community of informed and strategic traders.

Attachments

• Average positions.ex5
    4.8 KB · Views: 0